Summer 2017 sign-up is open!
Hurry! Limited number of spaces available.
NEW for 2017 CSA! options have been dramatically improved creating diverse choices at all commitment levels.
"Please take a few moments looking at all options. We hope you can find one that fits your needs the best! Our goal after all is happy CSA members = a happy smooth running farm. Without your commitment to CSA where would our local farms be after all? Building lots?" - The Farm Crew
Harvest Card - Nano Share*
28 Week (June 3rd - Dec)
*New for 2017
- For the individual or family that has a busy schedule and just wants what they want with no surprised in the basket! Yet, still wants to support our farm upfront and have the ease of one form of payment at our stand. Buy as much or as little as you want each week. The Harvest Card comes with an extra 10% value built in to any purchased price amount; a thank you for your support upfront to help our farm run smoothly. Harvest Card members will only receive an email letting them know what we are picking for the stand each week, and any other special CSA events & promotions no recipes or produce tips.
Share For Two
18 Week (June 3rd - Oct 3rd 2017)
- This size basket is a great way for couples, or a single individual to experience our CSA without feeling overwhelmed by large amounts of produce each week. In this share will be many of the same items as the Farm Family Basket, just less quantities of each. We are designing this share to be an amount 1-2 can consume in a weeks’ time.
SHARE FOR TWO WITH HARVEST CARD*
18 Week (June 3rd - Oct 3rd 2017)
*NEW FOR 2017
- Same as above description, though with the addition of a Harvest Card. A harvest card is pre-loaded card with money that can be spent for additional vegetables, fruits, meats, and possible other products arriving in early 2017. This is a great option for those whom are unsure if the share for two will be enough for the veracious vegetable consumer. The Harvest card cost is normally $100.00 for a $110.00 value (an instant 10% discount built in to the card upfront). We offer a slight discount with this bundle versus the share for two and purchase of a separate harvest card. If you have any questions about this please call our store or email us anytime.
Farm family Basket
18 Week (June 3rd - Oct 3rd 2017)
- Ever wonder why we call it a "Farm Family Basket"? Well, it's because this is the size basket our family eats a week; designed around us the farmer. A great way of introducing fresh, locally grown, vitamin packed vegetables and greens to your family! Our fresh picked vegetables will be provided to you at the pickup location of your choice (at purchase). Recipes, helpful tips, and The Farm information will also be provided to you via an email newsletter each week of the CSA (Be sure to look out for emails from us to keep up to date). This amount is approximately enough for a family of 4 weekly to consume.
Farm Family Basket - Every other Week with Harvest Card*
9 Week (June 3rd - Oct 3rd 2017 picking up on odd week's only)
*New for 2017
- Thinking that the Share for Two is too small? Yet the Family Basket is too much? How about both!? ... sort of... This basket is the same size as the Farm family Basket, but it's only picked up on odd week's (1,3,5, etc.) On any week however, you may use the pre-loaded $220.00 Harvest Card to help fulfill those missing items you maybe craving. Much like the Share for Two with Harvest Card, this too has a built in savings for purchase as a bundle. We are very excited about this basket, offering the quantity, along with the harvest card and half the CSA pickup days. If you have any questions on this new share type please contact us at the shop or via email.
Additional items that can be added to most shares
(see online store for details)
- Seasonal fruits; locally sourced directly - farmer to farmer.
Cut flower Bouquet
- Cut flowers grown at our farm freshly picked each week for you.
Fresh Chicken Eggs
- Delicious eggs laid by our happy hens. What terrific vegetable omelets await!
Fall - Winter Basket (2016) CLOSED
Update on this CSA Coming By March 1st 2017... stay tuned!
10 Week (Oct 11th - Dec 13th 2016)
- "With all these fantastic crops this Winter doesn't mean you have to let the fun of our Summer CSA end!"
Discover More About The Farm and Who we are by reading this page below:
Thank you for your time and interest in our farm, family, and planet.
These photos show just a few of the huge variety of vegetables we grow here in Woodbury. Some are early season, mid and late. Our vegetables are all non-gmo varieties, some are also heirloom, and heritage varieties. To see a larger list click here. We take great pride in growing and providing super-fresh vitamin packed foods to our community.
What is a CSA?
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a unique relationship of mutual support and commitment between a farm and community members for an entire growing season. CSA members purchase a share for the growing season before the harvest begins. The price of the share enables the farm to cover yearly costs, almost all of which are incurred before the crops are ready for harvest. This entitles the member to a share of the harvest thought out the season, grown and delivered by a farm they know and trust.
Why should I Consider being a Member?
As a CSA member you know where, when and how your food is being produced. A major factor missing in the supermarkets these days. As a CSA member you are actively participating in regional agriculture by directly supporting a small family farm, your community and eating seasonally, locally, sustainable & most important, healthy! There are so many great reasons to join and experience what others too are raving about.
On the economic side of things, a CSA is a great value for the dollar put in. Since you are paying up front we like say that the vegetables are the dividends of putting money upfront. The funds raised during the CSA share selling time of year help off set the costs of raising these crops. Labor, Rent - Mortgage, Equipment Repairs - Purchase, Crop supplies, Fuel Oil for tractors, Nutrient soil improvement, and so on. These things mentioned didn't even touch the capital improvements required to be a 21st century farm. Being three young farmers, this CSA means a lot to us and our growing farm and families. We appreciate our CSA members and consider them extended family. As we say often, from our family to yours.
Who is the Farmer?
The Farm, is located in north Woodbury.
Our farm is roughly 180 acres made up of rolling hills, and flat fields of rich river bottom soils, ideal for vegetables.. We have been an active farm for over 20 years.
We have been growing vegetables, hay crops, acres of sweet corn, and all sorts of pumpkins. For over 18 years. Most of our product has been shipped to grocery stores, restaurants, and wholesalers, as well as some farmers markets. We are now focusing on farm to customer based initiatives, i.e. farm stand, CSA, and direct restaurant use. We have greenhouses that we use to grow our vegetable transplants. We also use the greenhouses to grow many types of spring flowering plants which we sell to garden centers, landscapers, and various organizations plant sale fundraiser's.
On our farm, we also have active bee hives, and in the spring we have a sugarbush for maple syrup production.
The Farm, is a family run farm, all 6 family members partake in their areas of expertise, adding to the farm's diversity We also hire local high school agri- science students for summer employment and experience.
What can I expect in a Weekly Share?
As the season progresses so will the shares. Earlier weeks will contain more leafy green items. Mid-Season shares will contain longer day to ripen produce items, like various tomatoes, and eggplants. The late Season share will have more items of a long storage period. Garlic, onions, winter squashes. Every week for the past CSA years we have made a video titled "What's In This Week's Basket", these can be viewed to give a better idea of the quality, quantity, and type of items in the baskets. Access and subscribe to our YouTube Channel below.
Where do I Pick-Up?
Which day should I chose to pick-up?
- Woodbury Floral Designs 15 Hollow Rd.
- The pick up day for your basket can be either a Tuesday, or Thursday the choice is totally up to you. Cooking during the week more, perhaps Tuesday will work better. Thursday is a great pick-up day for the weekend picnics & cook outs. Either way, the produce is picked fresh and is totally tasty!
- Friday pickup is available again this season at The Green Spot located in New Milford, CT. Pickup 1-5:30 on Friday's
- Please choose your desired day of the week to pickup in the online store at purchase this will remain your day throughout the CSA.
The Weekly Details...
- Pickup location will be Woodbury Floral Designs, LLC. Located at 15 Hollow Road, Woodbury.
- Pickup time will begin at 1pm -6pm either Tuesday or Thursday's. June 9th-Oct 6th.
- If the need arises, where you cannot pickup your basket (vacation, work schedule, sickness), let us know that someone else will be picking up your share and their name that week of so can save it for you, otherwise it goes to the Woodbury Food Bank 9am Friday morning.
- Any baskets left Friday 9am will be forfeited by shareholders, and turned over to the Woodbury Food Bank.
- If for any reason you cannot return the basket provided from the previous week, please plan on bringing something else to take your share home in, as we only have a limited amount of boxes each week to use.
- Recipes are provided on a weekly basis, via email. Our YouTube channel also has many helpful tips, and information about how the crops are grown.
- We encourage agricultural awareness, as part as our CSA Shareholder Outreach.
- Enjoy 10% off anything at Woodbury Floral Designs LLC, as an active CSA member*. We appreciate your continued support! *deliveries not included.
- Be sure to open and read our weekly e-mail news letter. In each week's letter, there can be important instructions, or tips on improving your CSA experience. The recipes for the week will also be included in these email correspondence.
Have additional questions?