Roasted Zucchini with Green Onions, Feta Cheese, and Basil
- 4 zucchini (medium green)
- 2 golden zucchini (medium, called yellow summer squash in the U.S.)
- 10 green onions
- 6 cloves garlic (finely minced, you can use garlic puree from a jar, but fresh garlic is best here)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup feta cheese (measure after crumbling, loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup chiffonade (fresh basil, optional, other herbs such as oregano or parsley could also be used)
Preheat oven to 400F. Wash the squash, cut off ends, cut lengthwise and then slice; slice green onions and chop the garlic. Toss the cut squash and green onions with olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped garlic, and spread out on a baking sheet, in a single layer as much as possible. Sprinkle Feta cheese over the squash.
Roasted the squash 25-30 minutes, stirring once or twice if you can so the melted Feta will coat all sides of the squash. While the squash cooks, thinly slice the basil or whatever herbs you’re using.
Serve hot, with basil sprinkled over!