Total Time Prep: 10 min. Cook: 55 min.
Makes 4 servings
- 6 medium The Farm's fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium The Farm's onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 can (8 ounces) The Farm's tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons The Farm's sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon The Farm's pepper, divided
- 4 medium The Farm's green peppers
- 1 pound lean The farm's grass fed ground beef
- 1 cup instant rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon The Farm's dried basil
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, onion, celery, tomato sauce, water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, cut tops off of green peppers and remove seeds; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, rice, basil and remaining salt and pepper. Fill peppers with beef mixture. Carefully place peppers in tomato sauce. Spoon some sauce over tops of peppers.
- Cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until beef is cooked and peppers are tender.
Nutrition Facts 1 each: 324 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1565mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein.