This corn, broccoli and potato salad is a great option for a refreshing summer side salad. It is made with corn, potatoes, broccoli, onion, mayonnaise, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and wasabi.
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels, from about 4 ears, boiled
- 3 cups diced cooked potatoes, about 3 medium sized potatoes
- 3 cups broccoli florets, barely steamed
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise, homemade or store bought (can also use plain yogurt or a mix of mayo and yogurt)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp wasabi paste, adjust to taste (can use horseradish if not able to find wasabi)
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the mayonnaise sauce or dressing combine the mayonnaise, crushed garlic, chopped cilantro, lime juice, wasabi paste, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
In a large bowl mix the corn, potatoes, broccoli and red onion with the mayonnaise dressing, mix well, serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.