SAUTÉED SWISS CHARD WITH BLISTERED TOMATOES
Fact: Swiss chard is an excellent source of vitamin A, which is important for healthy eyesight!
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flake
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 8 cups chopped swiss chard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large, deep-sided skillet set over medium heat, pour in olive oil. When oil is hot, add in the garlic and red pepper flake - stir for 30 seconds.
- Add in the grape tomatoes and cook until the outsides lightly blister and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the swiss chard and toss gently until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately alongside your favorite grilled meats!
Serving size: 1 serving Calories: 60 calories Fat: 5gm Saturated fat: 1gm Carbohydrates: 4gmSodium: 493mg Fiber: 2gm Protein: 1gm Cholesterol: 0mg