CABBAGE AND CARROT SLAW
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 cups finely shredded green or red cabbage, or a combination
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, garlic, cumin, oregano and mustard just until sugar is dissolved. Add cabbage, carrots, green onions, salt and pepper and toss gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Per Serving: 50 calories (0 from fat), 230mg sodium, 12g carbohydrates, (3 g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 1g protein.