Candy-Striped beetroot salad with Maple-candied pecans and goat's cheese
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
Total Time 15 mins
for the maple-candied pecans
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup Woodbury Sugar Shed's maple syrup
for the thyme vinaigrette
- juice of 1/2 The Farm Stand's lemon
- 1/4 cup Essex Oils olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
for the salad
- 2-3 The Farm's candy-stripe beets peeled and very thinly sliced
- 8 oz soft goat's cheese
- Gilbertie's Organic Petite-greens (available now at the stand in the cooler case)
To make the candied pecans, toast the nuts in a large frying pan over medium heat for a minute.
Pour in the maple syrup and allow to cook and get sticky for a minute.
Remove the nuts from the pan and place on a sheet of baking paper. Allow to cool completely.
To make the vinaigrette, combine the ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
To make the salad, place the salad leaves on a platter and top with the sliced beetroot, candied pecans and crumble over the goat's cheese.
Dress with the vinaigrette and serve.