Quick and Easy Pork Fried Rice With Corn and Shishito Peppers Recipe
- YIELD:Serves 2 to 3
- ACTIVE TIME:15 minutes
- TOTAL TIME:15 minutes
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 6 ounces fresh The Farm's Famous Sweet Corn kernels, cut from 1 to 2 ears of corn
- 2 The Farm's scallions, sliced, whites and greens reserved separately.
- 12 The Farm's shishito peppers, thinly sliced, or 1 The Farm's green bell pepper, finely diced
- 6 ounces leftover roast pork or ham steak, substitute tofu or beef as needed finely diced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoontoasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground white pepper
- 1 large The Farm's Woodbury Laid egg
If using day-old rice, transfer to a medium bowl and break rice up into individual grains with your hands before proceeding. Heat 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large wok over high heat until smoking. Add half of rice and cook, stirring and tossing, until rice is pale brown and toasted and has a lightly chewy texture, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Repeat with another 1/2 tablespoon oil and remaining rice.
Return wok to heat and add 1/2 tablespoon oil. Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred on several surfaces, about 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl with rice and toss to combine.
Return all rice and corn to wok and press it up the sides, leaving a space in the middle. Add 1/2 tablespoon oil to the space. Add scallion whites, peppers, and pork and cook, stirring gently, until lightly softened and fragrant, about 1 minute. Toss with rice to combine. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
Push rice to the side of wok and add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Break egg into oil and season with a little salt. Use a spatula to scramble egg, breaking it up into small bits. Toss egg and rice together.
Add scallion greens and toss to combine. Serve immediately.