Crock-pot Sausage and Peppers – Tasty Italian sausage is simmered in the crock-pot with marinara sauce, bell peppers, onions, and seasoning! This sausage and peppers make for an easy weeknight dinner served in a hoagie roll or over pasta! - Don't forget to check out the pasta ( and gluten free pasta at the shop.
Crockpot Sausage and Peppers - Tasty Italian sausage is simmered in the crockpot with marinara sauce, bell peppers, onions, and seasoning! This sausage and peppers makes for an easy weeknight dinner served in a hoagie roll or over pasta - it's also perfect to make a big batch of for game day!
- 2 Pounds Italian Sausage Links
- 3 Bell Peppers, I use a mix of red and green Seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 Large Red Onion, Sliced into strips
- 2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Each Salt, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, Optional
- 1 Cup Shredded Italian Cheese Blend, For serving, optional
- 10 Hoagie rolls
Add the Italian Sausage to the slow cooker. Top with the bell peppers and onions. Sprinkle on the salt, garlic, Italian seasoning, and cayenne if using. Pour on the marinara sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
If desired, toast the hoagie rolls under the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Fill each roll with one sausage and desired amount of sauce. Top with shredded cheese and broil for 1-2 more minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
NOTE: This full recipe serves 10 sandwiches. This recipe can be cut in half.