Shrimp & Corn Stir-Fry
I make this seafood stir-fry at summer’s end when my garden has plenty of tomatoes, squash, garlic and corn. For a quick supper, we serve it over rice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add squash and onion; stir-fry until squash is crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add next six ingredients and, if desired, pepper flakes; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink, 3-4 minutes longer. Top with basil. Serve with rice if desired.
1 serving (calculated without rice): 239 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 443mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.