STEAK WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- 4 teaspoons Arethusa butter
- 2 medium The Farm onions, sliced
- 2 cloves The Farm garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon The Farm salt
- 1 lb. The Farm's Grass Fed boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon The Farm pepper
- 1 tablespoon Essex balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook, covered, for 13-15 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add brown sugar and salt.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces.
- Sprinkle pepper on both sides of each meat piece.
- Place on the unheated rack of a boiler pan.
- Broil 3 inches from the heat to desired doneness, turning once.
- (Allow 10-12 minutes for medium rare.) Stir vinegar into onions.
- Spoon onion mixture over steak.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with the Corn, Broccoli & Potato Salad and the Fresh Heirloom Salad