This dish is best served cold, allowing time for the flavors to meld together in the refrigerator. I love adding a dollop of plain yogurt to my serving!
Eggplant & Parsley Salad
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 cups White The Farm eggplant, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup The Farm's parsley, minced
- 1/3 cup The Farm's garlic, minced
- In a colander, toss the raw eggplant with the salt and place over a plate or in the sink. Allow to drain excess water for up to 1 hour, or longer. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry (or pat dry with a tea towel). Draining the water allows the eggplant to turn crisp and retain its shape when cooked, instead of turning mushy.
- Place a large pan over medium heat, and add the olive oil. When the olive is hot, add the eggplant and toss. Sauté for about 10-15 minutes, until the eggplant browns. Remove from the heat.
- Toss in the parsley and raw garlic and refrigerate before serving.