Spiralized Mediterranean Beet and Feta Skillet Bake
Beet noodles baked with tomatoes, red onion, olives and Feta. Serve this as an appetizer with some baked pita chips, as a side dish or even as a main dish, topped with grilled shrimp or chicken – this dish is a keeper!
- 1/2 cup halved yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup halved yellow red tomatoes
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley, plus 1 tsp for garnish
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small beets, peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and spiralized
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz feta or halloumi cheese, half block cut horizontally
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except for the cheese and parsley for garnish.
- Place the cheese in the center of a large oven-safe skillet or casserole dish. Top and surround it with beet noodle mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes, until the beet noodles wilt.
- Serve hot garnished with remaining parsley.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 160.5 calories
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 483mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 5g